Grilling up good music and each other.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Other News

Though I never played any MJ on the show, I am secretly an admirer of his music. When my family was moving from Connecticut to Minnesota, my parents played a compilation of Michael Jackson, starting with "Black or White," so his music will always be a little glimmer of my childhood. As I said, I've never played anything of his, I don't have his albums, and I am not by any means a fanatic. But, his music is so inspirational that it is everywhere, even when you don't know it. For example, Kanye's "Good Life" features the ending snipet of "P.Y.T" as background. Also, Justice's "D.A.N.C.E" is a prominent display of how much they idolize MJ (lyrics include, "Do the D.A.N.C.E, 1 2 3 4 5/ You were just a P.Y.T. catching all the light." Also, I will never forget circuit running in high school where the gym teachers always played "Billie Jean," but not with the fondest of memories. RIP Michael Jackson.

Officially, Asian BBQ with Wenli and Juhee will be on hiatus for atleast one semester, or atleast it will be called Asian BBQ with Juhee Only. I will not be here for the fall, but will hopefully still post as much as I can(want). Kinda sad because I already have some songs I really wanted to play for the show.

Upcoming good news: Wilco's album drops next tuesday, Rooney will be releasing a new album very soon as will Sondre Lerche, according to their respective websites. Check out this acoustic-y performance of Phoenix's "1901" from MTV and check out how much the crowd is NOT into it (how little they know).