Grilling up good music and each other.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Playlist 4/30/09

1. Kanye West - Heard 'Em Say

2. Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheels

3. (JPOTW) Cage the Elephant - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

4. Coconut Records - Easy Girl
This was Juhee's favorite of the week. Home run for Wenli!

5. Death Cab for Cutie - Your New Twin Sized Bed
At first, I was wondering why they were singing about a bed, then I actually listened to the lyrics and it turns out to be one of the most beautiful songs ever. The entire album (Narrow Stairs) is great. Grapevine Fires is another standout.

6. Britney Spears - If U Seek Amy
...spell it out to understand why I think this song is play-worthy.

7. Justice - DVNO

8. The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
As I was saying on the show, this song is pure, in your ear pop. Ting Ting is actually a girl that the female lead worked with. It's a Chinese name that means peaceful but it also means to listen. What are the odds.

9. Norwegian Recycling - 8 Become 1
Thanks to Evan for this song. It was also used on the Pre-College yearbook soundtrack...I wonder why.

10. Chester French - People
Juhee's favorite #2! Home run #2! Look below for a thorough explanation of why I love this song.

11. Jens Lekman - Kanske Ar Jag Kar I Dig
So, there's this kid that had a pig for a pet, which has nothing to do with anything. Sounds like one of my stories. Jens Lekman is a great songwriter/producer/singer and this album is classic.