Grilling up good music and each other.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playlist 4/9/09

1. Belle and Sebastian - Chickfaster

2. Death Cab for Cutie - You Can Do Better Than Me
Beautiful and simple song that gets the point across. It's cute.

3. Sufjan Stevens - Decatur

4. Modest Mouse - World at Large
One of my favorite Modest Mouse songs. I think I've probably played it on air before, but it's definitely worth repeating. I'm glad they're not screeching their way through the song. It's much appreciated.

5. Phoenix - Love For Granted

6. The Bridges - Echo
The reason I like The Bridges is because they can actually sing! Imagine that. The lead singer has a soothing country-folksy voice. The band is four siblings and a cousin so when they sing together it creates a unique blend that is mixed just right because they all have the same country-folksy twang. And, don't get me started on their instrumental arrangements. They're a solid band that is just waiting to take off.

7. Britney Spears - Circus
I happen to like Britney Spears not just because she suffered through a bald head and psychosis. She's been around for so long that you just have to give her credit. Thanks to Steph for the request!

8. Pink Floyd - Have A Cigar
This song made me feel cool, so I played it.

9. Bjork - It's Not Up to You
I've wanted to play more Bjork for a very long time, but I knew that Juhee would NOT approve. So, I chose to add it on a day she was not here. Sorry Juhee.

10. The Isles - Our Kitchen Test

11. Beck - Youthless
I'm still pretty upset that I missed Beck and MGMT in NYC, especially because it was the last time Beck will ever tour.

12. Andrew Bird - Imitosis

13. Rooney - Losing All Control